NICS has evolved a comprehensive student-centric learning approach consisting of several stages, designed to add significant value to the learners’ understanding in an integrated manner.
- Classroom Instruction: Half the time of coaching is devoted to Board/University exams while the other half is allotted for all time development which leads to C-SAT (prelims), MAINS and INTERVIEW of Civil Services. Regular weekend tests are conducted to evaluate the preparation progress of students. Repeated exposure to the rigors of Civil Services model exams would solidify the confidence levels of students to crack the IAS exams.
- Guidance from external experts: Periodical guest lectures of eminent faculty of the respective subjects are organized. Achievers from different walks of life, IAS and other Civil Services officers also provide motivational guidance to students. Students are also taught by expert faculty through video conferencing.
- Work shops and Seminars: Students are encouraged to attend work shops and also to organize seminars on different topics that have socio economic implications. The objective is to stimulate original thinking and effective articulations of the subject.
- Field Trips: Field trips are organized for Students enabling them to see the issues and facts with their eyes rather than reading about them. The main purpose of field trips is to give students a hands on real life experience which otherwise is not available in class rooms.
- Courseware: Quality courseware comprising textbooks, workbooks, study materials, etc., designed for independent study.
- Soft skills training: Special emphasis is given to impart soft skills to meet the needs of an aspirant of Civil Services and also the needs of a Civil Servant. This is an activity based endeavor to empower the student with effective communication skills to present himself well to others. The various activities give the student different skills such as interpersonal relations, problem solving, decision making, leadership, team work, analytical abilities, logical reasoning etc. The soft skills’ training is a powerful tool to develop a strong character and a successful personality.
- Evaluation: Student performance will be assessed by means of continuous evaluation. A panel of experts assesses the physical, psychological and emotional development of the students and counsels the students accordingly.
- Application of IT: Laptops and computer lab are integral part of the learning process and students are encouraged to use IT in gathering more information on subject in their presentations and also in evaluation process as well.